As Summer is coming to an end we can keep our fun Summer memories alive with these all natural craft projects using found objects from nature!
Painted Shell Collage
Materials: shells, Earth Paints, stiff paper board or scrap plywood, glue
This is a perfect way to use collections of shells that you collected at the beach this year and not just keep them in a bag all Winter.
- Paint them with Earth Paints
- Glue to a scrap piece of wood or stiff paper board in pretty patterns or in shape of animals, flowers, etc.
* Toddler Option: Instead of gluing them down, let your toddler sort, arrange, and put them in different containers. My 2 ½ year old was occupied with this for almost 2 hours and now keeps them in a little tin and rattles it around!
* Older Child/Adult Option: use a tiny brush to add tiny details
Natural Wizard Staffs & Fairy Wands
Materials: drift wood or sanded piece of wood, Earth Paints
- If you collected some driftwood from the beach you could use this or sand any long stick until smooth.
- Paint one solid color, let dry, and then paint designs to create magic wands, wizard staffs or fairy wands.
- Optional: Get creative and add feathers to the top, recycled ribbon streamers, glue on small stones or gems, use your imagination!
Nature Animals & Flower Petal Fairies
Materials: Fall leaves &/or flower petals, card stock, glue, Earth Paints (optional)
- Gather colorful Fall leaves and/ or any flower petals in nature or your own backyard.
- Glue on cardstock to create animals, wings, clothes, magic wands, etc.
- Use your Earth Paints or other natural materials to paint arms, legs, eyes, smiles, etc.